I am working for a company that has Jira and Confluence, recently they signed up for Confluence prior to me working here and that is when this issue started.
Today any user in the Companies domain is automatically granted access to Jira and Confluence without admin approval, before they had someone set up Confluence Org Admins had to approve it.
I think I figured out how to stop this, with the below reference, checking "Required" so that it requires an Org Admin to approve for the Approved domain.
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/control-how-users-get-access-to-products/
Admin approval column:
Check Required: Organization admins need to approve access requests from users with the approved domain. Learn more about access requests
Uncheck Required: Users with the approved domain can join your product without approval.
But my question is, what does this exactly do when a new users try's to access our site?
Example, let's say I am a new user, no Atlassian account, do I just need to go to Jira or Confluence for the company, log in with MS account as we have SSO, and then will I be prompted to request access to Jira or Confluence, this then notifying the Org Admin to approve? Or does this force me to go create an Atlassian account like the documentation suggests "Must create an Atlassian account before logging in to your products."? SSO should let us skip the account creation I would think.
Thanks for the help in advance! I have tried to get someone to test with, still working on that, I guess its Friday as I am just not getting responses from users I can find that do not have access, I will try more on Monday also.