And Teams, and Apps, and Templates?
Hi @Scott Beeson
I don't think you can hide them.
I asked myself the same question. According to this article, an admin should be able to deactivate it for the whole entity but we did not find this menu item.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-and-customize-a-company-hub/
We chose to edit the site priviliges, so every account besides the admin does not have access to the company hub. This solved it at least for the general users.
In a couple years it's going to look like this.
*sigh*
so as an admin I'll always see it.
I really wish all developers and designers would embrace "feature flags". I want to turn this off completely. I don't need it.
You can de-Confluencize Confluence using a theme app (Scroll Viewport, Spacecraft...) and effectively creating a layer solely for the purpose of consuming the content. So basically hide the Confluence UI furniture and make it look better.
Some them apps might even allow editing within the theme.
ASK JEEVES!!!
you initially only asked about the Hub. The Hub tab is only visible to Confluence Admins until you first publish the page. To hide it again, you'll need to
This will hide it for all "normal" users in case you already published it.
It even gets worse with the German localization. Atlassian chose the translation »Zentrale Anlaufstelle für das Unternehmen«, which takes up a breathtaking width of 280 px – for a feature I don’t consider using. What a crap.
Yes!!! One of my facepalm-moments of this week ^^
div[role="list"] > div:has(span[data-testid="app-navigation-company-hub-item"]) { display: none !important;}
Groan. Thanks for the spam, Atlassian.
Hi @rrotter Can you clarify? how to paste this in cloud? Can i change the hide to - 'templates' for example? Thanks! Dana
@Dana You'll probably need to use a browser extension. I recommend uBlock Origin if you don't already have it. You can use it to hide elements. Of course, you won't paste the exact code above. You can use the "selector" tool to easily create a new rule to hide elements on pages.
thanks, however i cannot populate that to all of my users.
It's insane to me that the first primary nav item in a product I pay for, is an ad.
I don't want to try for free, I want to disable the feature and the nav item.
Confluence is the last piece of Atlassian software I still use, but if this keeps up I'll be migrating to an alternative.
I'm completely fed up with these garbage marketing strategies that detract from a product I'm already paying for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.