I want to create an automation to transition (unblock) issues when their blocker issue gets Done/Closed.
- For context, I have an issue that is blocking other issues (linkedType is blocks --> Issue A blocks Issue
. - When Issue A status is transitioned to Done I need to unblock Issue B, meaning I need Issue B to transition from Blocked to To Do.
- Issue A and B are related by a link type named "blocks" when seeing it from Issue A and named "is blocked by" when seeing it from Issue B
- Issue A blocks Issue B
- Issue B is blocked by Issue A
How can I do that with automation?
I was hoping I could use the Related issues condition, but I'm approaching this from the triggering issue's perspective and I'm not able to transition the linked issues.

I'm not able to figure out a way to run this rule from the linked issues perspective bc all I can think of as a solution would be to create a rule that will trigger another rule. Rule 1 will be triggered by Issue A's transition and then that rule would trigger Rule 2 that will use the Related issues condition in the other direction, it will search for all Blocked issues where link type is "blocks", but even so, how will store the triggering issue.key from Rule 1?!
I need help!! 😭