Hi all,
I need clarification on understanding the difference between Jira and Jira Service Management in my billing with regards to permissions and access. Is there any overlapping access between the two? Is it beneficial to have both simultaneously, and if so, why?
Billing:

Licenses:

Goal: As I have reached maximum licenses for Jira, I question how I can use Atlassian products more effectively.
For company background, we have a Service Desk ticketing system that automates "round-robin" for the entire help desk team. Other teams in IT, such as our developers, receive escalated ticket from Service Desk, so our whole IT department needs access to our ticketing system. Almost all our teams in IT use boards (ex. Kanban) to manage tasks. We have a team of 5-6 people accessing one "project" at a time with a Jira license each because we all need the ability to reach out to the end-user we are servicing. Let me know if there's any questions.
In attempts to free up licenses, by switching off Jira (highlighted in yellow) for an IT employee in user management administration, this IT employee is unable to access boards and loses admin rights. Is there any other difference I have overlooked?
Before considering to upgrade our plan (since it is by tier-based), I'd like to better understand more the difference between the two licenses. Are there other alternatives? Is it possible to entirely remove Jira Service Management - Agent and upgrade my entire IT department to Jira (in yellow)? What are the pros and cons, if any?
Thank you for your help!