When changing the Occurrence value for a Automation Rule, the Next Run values are not updated correctly.
Situation: Rule was originally created on 4/1/24 (Monday) to run every 2 weeks on Monday.
This past Monday (7/15) I made a change to run every 1 week for a temporary change. After the rule ran on Monday (7/15) I changed the Occurrence value back to 2 weeks, expecting the Next Run date to be 7/29. However, the Next Run date was set to 7/22. I could change the day of the week value from Monday to Wednesday (as a test) and the Next Run date was set correctly, but setting the day back to Monday set the Next Run date to Monday 7/22. In talking to a co-worker he suggested changing the Start Date to 7/15 which "Fixed" this problem. BUT I believe this to be a BUG with the Calendar function in JIRA Cloud. 2024 just happens to be a LEAP year too !!!!
Temporary solution: Change the Start Date on any Automation to be a more recent value (7/15 happens to be the last successful execution date for this rule.
Can someone from Atlassian confirm if this is a bug or expected process for updating Occurrence values?