We have an interesting scenario that I'm not if it's resolvable. Here is the scenario:
- Customer submits a request to our Project through the customer help portal using their provisioned account (via Google) (username@example.testing.com).
- Customer receives email notifications as the request (ticket) progresses through the flow.
- Customer responds to one of the generated emails (i.e. An agent added a comment), but they respond from one of their email alias' (username@testing.com).
- Both domains are claimed (from both examples above), but JSM does not know that both email addresses are the same customer.
- Another ticket is opened by JSM with the customer's email response as the system thinks it is a different user.
We unfortunately cannot lock down Jira so that only users from this domain: username@example.testing.com can submit tickets as we have outside entities that need to submit tickets as well. I have considered setting up SSO through our IDP (PortalGuard), but I don't think that would help in this situation (forcing users to auth through SSO) as that would also cause issues with the users who do not have accounts in our system.
Hopefully that made sense.