Table columns are sortable by default. If you create a table on a page, after you save, hover over the title row, and you will see the sort arrows appear. Click anywhere in the title cell, and it will sort on that column's values.
Thanks for commenting Ted. (Per my comment left on one of my related questions): I like to have all content created sorted alphabetically by default (or via a quick manual step) - be it in a table or not in a table (e.g. on a native confluence page). E.g. Enter a list ZZZ AAA BBB on separate lines then click Sort (which I can't see in Confluence OnDemand) and whalla ... 3 lines of text sorted (Ideally same, or similar in a table). PS. I'm aware Confluence can sort by clicking the header of a table (which is most handy but doesn't stay sorted if you leave then return to the page) BUT from my tests I can't do same / similar when in edit mode on the table so it stays sorted.
Table Filter add-on has an option to sort table by default.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.