Hey,
For many years, i used Jira as user, and now, in a new company, i have to manage the migration from old tools like Youtrack and FreshService to a new Jira WorkSpace.
I did my own testing on my account to explore the interface and leard how to manage aspects i hadn't encountered before. I have to admit i'm a bit confused.
For what i know:
I need Confluence later.
I need Opsgenie later too.
Fot theses tools, i have used them before and understand the overall service.
But with Jira & Jira Management Service, i'm not sure.
In the beginning, i started using Jira Service Management thinking i was just Jira. After discovering i was on another tool, i compared it with some Jira templates. Now, i just don't know which one is relevant or not (and i've seen some posts about that issue).
I'm Head of Infrastructure here, and manage Ops, but i need to create an environement for Ops & Dev. This involves creating service desks for both team and 2 projects to manage problems separately. I Need to create worklflow, and link between theses projects, approvals features for code, and, teach them to ITIL framework.
Can someone help me easily understand and maybe choose the right one? Maybe that's more obvious to someone, which one i should use.
Thx a lot for help,
Geoffrey.N.