Hi,
I have a page located below another page in our hierarchy.
I'd like to move it to the root of USER GUIDE space but when I try this, the MOVE button is grayed out.
Pls advise how to work around this issue. Tks.
If you want a page to become the root of a space you need to re-assign the home page of the space.
Then be sure to re-order the other pages so you can see them, otherwise they won't show up under the context menu.
Hi @Stephen Kairys
In space settings > manage space > edit space details, you can re-assign the new root.
In space settings > reorder, you have some other options of moving pages around, including move a page ABOVE the root page, effectively hiding it from view This will also give you a better understanding of the root page concept and the overall Confluence hierarchy.
Hello Shawn,,
Looks like I didn't clearly phrase my question.
I don't want to replace the root. I need a hierarchy like this, with the page in question boldfaced.
SPACE: USER GUIDE
"Platform Certification" currently incorrectly resides under Accounts and I need to move it.
Thanks.
Hi Kristian,
OH!
Well, just drag and drop the page wherever you like
(you can do that from Reorder menu but why would you...)
OK I've been having issues dragging the page farther up the page tree, it seems to end up as a sub-page of another page.
Accordingly, pls advise where the Reorder menu is.
As @Kristian Klima mentioned, just drag and drop the page to where you want it in the tree. It can be tricky when trying to drop it to a page just under the root, you need to drop it directly on top of the page you want it to live under.
Disregard.
What do you mean by drag and drop? I attempted many ways of drag and drop and all of them show a "forbidden" sign.
I was able to move it using the Search tab.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.