My issue is two fold:
- I have bug tickets which have affects versions and not fix versions at times, I just found out the release panel only shows tickets with a fix version, so I need a way to show ALL the tickets with a specific version, whether affected version or fix version in the linked issues section of the "Release" issue type but can't seem to be able to find the right Jira automation rule to do this.
Ideally, all tickets with the same version will be linked to the release ticket as soon as the issue is edited with that version.
We also have multiple code repos (component in Jira), so also thinking to do add a condition where any ticket that adds an unreleased version (fix or affects version) if the code repo is selected then it automatically adds all the tickets to the Not closed status for "release" issue types with that same component.
- I was trying to automate this longer term and actually have something that also checks for bugs with affects versions that are affecting Production versions and automatically being able to edit the issue to set the custom field we have, "Affects production" to Yes.
I will attach the drafts of the automations I attempted.