Hello Jira Community,
I need some help with an issue I'm facing in Jira. We have a setup involving three projects:
- a customer ticketing project
- Department A project
- Department B project
Here's how we currently manage our issues:
- In the customer project, we add labels (A or
to issues to make them appear on backlogs of Project A and Project B respectively. - The board filters for Project A and Project B are configured as follows:
- Project A Board Filter:
- project = A OR (project = CustomerProject AND labels = A)
Same way we have it configured for Project B
THE PROBLEM
Despite these configurations, I am still able to move customer tickets labeled B into the sprint backlog of Project A, and vice versa. This results in seeing multiple sprints from different projects when managing issues. If I make a random mistake of putting a customer ticket with label A on sprint of Project B then I can see also the sprint of Project B on the backlog of project A.
What I've Tried
- Ensured that sprint names are unique across projects
- Verified and adjusted board filters for each project as shown above
Can anyone provide guidance or suggest additional steps to ensure that customer tickets with label B only show and move in project B sprints and same for A.
Thank you!