Hi everyone,
I am new to Jira and I've googled and read a lot about adding epic colours, but so far I haven't been able to find the answer to my actual question.
I would like to add the field "epic color". However, I'm not sure if it just doesn't work because I'm working with a team-managed project business project?
In all my searches so far, I have seen the tip to change the whole thing in the backlog or something similar (so it all relates to software projects). Is it even possible to use Epic colours in a team-managed business project? When I go to "Customise and configure tasks" and click on "Switch to custom fields", I find the "epic color" field via the search. "Contexts" also show me that this field is available for the Epic task type in all projects. However, there is no project under "Projects" because I have not yet managed to use it in my project. Does anyone have any tips? Or can you answer the question of whether what I am trying to do is even possible?
Overall, I'm a bit confused by the different functionalities of software project and business project. I would say mine is a mix of both, which is why I chose Business Project, but then again some things only seem to be available in Software Projects. Since I don't have Jira Enterprise, the setting options are probably additionally limited in that regard.
Many thanks in advance
Mona