Hi there, I was receiving help from a very nice community member here:
https://jumpshare.com/v/jAe4ux8REzPZCLbu1JZj In the gif you will see:- no 'board' panel in the backlog screen (for the drag and drop option)- no 'create issue' option on the board screen (in-view or via hover)Very strange! Any thoughts? Thank you!!
@William Fanning if I'm understanding correctly, you're using a Scrum board in a Team Managed project - this is what's causing the difference between your screengrabs and the examples from @Trudy P Claspill In a Kanban board there's no concept of sprints, so the Backlog view shows the Board and Backlog sections only:...and the Board view shows the items put in the Board panel, and the Create Issue button you're seeing.
Based on your screengrab you've setup a Scrum project, which means that the board is actively configured to need to you to setup sprints - which is what the prompt "Get started in the backlog..." is nudging.
Here's my Scrum project example. You'll see that it matches yours, until I hit "Create Sprint", put my issues into a sprint and click the 'start sprint' button. To replicate this in your configuration, hit the grey Create sprint button in your Backlog view as a starter, and then Start Sprint (which will show up in blue like my screengrab)Your in sprint items then all appear on the Board view and I get the Create issue button appearing there also:
@Kit Friend
Awesome catch! How did I miss that!
@Trudy P Claspill it took me a while to work it out from both your Screen grabs what was happening
"We have 4 different variations of how things work, all called a board/backlog, and that look nearly identical" I think is the answer here on how it's easy to miss 😂
Wow thank you! So as I am now reading is that I cannot change a board from a Kanban board to a Scrum. But I can transfer issues from one board to another. So I think I will start a new board as a kanban now ... but if I do want to use sprints in the future I will need to do a bulk board change of the issues to a new scrum board.Is this correct? I just want to make sure before I make the sprint/scrum vs kanban/no sprint decision. Thank you both for the help! @Kit Friend @Trudy P Claspill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.