In my last job we had our agile board set up with swim lanes based on issue priority. I have just setup JIRA in my new company but I can't see that as a board option. How can I configure this?
Go into the swimlane definition and add a definition of "filter", You get to name the filter (that appears on the left) and give it some JQL (so, "priority = x"). Repeat for each priority and you have it.
I think that's maybe what Jose was getting at too, although he's used the wrong language - a quick-filter is a filter across the top for toggling, well, quick filtering in the display. Swimlane filters are NOT quick filters. But I think that's what he meant.
Thanks for your answer Jose, but it definitely wasn't done as a filter... All 5 priorities were displayed down the left hand side.
BP
Thanks Nic and Jose OK, now I understand what you mean by the filters for the left..... I was thrown by the term quick filter which I assumed was the filters across the top. I understand how to configure this now. Thanks
Yes, I have mixed up swim lane and quick filter, more focussing the use of a jql in both cases, less considering where the results appear.
Quick filters are not related to swimlanes, they do two different things.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.