Dear All,
How can I enforce "parent" field to be mandatory in Jira project workflows for all ticket types except "epic" issue type?
Thank you for the help.
Regards,
Krisztina
Hello, you can add a Field Required Validator on a transition for all workflows for all ticket types except Epic.
Hi Krisztina
You will need to add it as a Field Required Validator on the Create transition in the workflow for that issue type.
Hello,
Thank you for your help, it was very useful.
Hello John,
Thank you for your answer. This was useful information and I've completed the task.
Great! Glad that was helpful! Would you mind clicking on the Accept Answer button for Sherri and I? Thanks!
I wonder why we have a field configuration, if we cannot use it there... making it mandatory at all transitions and statuses is nonsense... means you will need the same workflow twice for different projects... What if you need to add another status? Or make major adaptations? You always need to do it twice or even more... and guess what, humans make errors... this is so error prone... Atlassian at its best.
In your case, how does this prevent making parent required for epics? Does it not make it required for all types?.
Not if the Epics use a different workflow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.