Hi everyone,
There are old posts related to this topic, but they are unclear.
I have several projects in Jira Premium Cloud: Projects A, B, C, and D. Each project has its own sprint. I want subtasks, tasks, bugs, and stories to automatically take the due date of the sprint based on the 'Sprint' field. I want an automation rule to check the 'Sprint' field of these issue types. If it is not empty, the rule should then check the end date of the sprint and set that as the due date for the issue.
There is an old post suggesting a method that only sets the due date if the sprint has already started, which is irrelevant to my needs. I need automation to set the due date even if the sprint has not started yet. I create sprints in advance, and my team works in 1-month sprints. For example, we currently have an active July sprint, and I am already assigning tickets to the upcoming August sprint. At the end of the month, I will close the July sprint, move open issues into the August sprint, and add extra issues from the backlog into the August sprint.
In summary, I want a flexible rule that sets the due date of issues based on the sprint indicated in the 'Sprint' field, regardless of whether the sprint has started or not.
#jirapremium
#jiracloud
#companymanaged