I have a unique User Admin question...
I have a small group of contractors that have been using Jira within my Organization for about a year. They are logging in with their company email address (johndoe@randomcompany.com).
Users from my org use SSO with our company email address (jim@mycompany.com).
HR/IT wants the contractors to start using one of our email addresses and SSO to log in moving forward. So... "c-johndoe@mycompany.com" ("c-" indicates contractor).
My question is how do I make these changes and retain the history that has built up within their old accounts? I have thought out a few options, but not sure if these are even doable. Figured I would ask the community.
1. Create the new accounts and then copy over settings, queries, etc., then deactivate the old accounts.
2. Is there a way to change their current username/email so that they are aligned with the new method?
3. Is there a way to merge accounts?
Any advice is very much appreciated.