Long story short, I have set up 1 custom field for all of our issue types that is presented on the "create" modal. This field is pre-populated with a template (default text) for the issue type.
But when we create sub-tasks in a ticket, we never get this populated, which makes sense since it doesn't follow the existing automation flow.
How can I add automation to populate the "default text" of the description field when I create a sub-task on an issue? Important is that we have all issue types available to have as a sub-task type. Example: We can create a story ticket and then create a sub-task on it that is also a story ticket. I want to be able to populate the description text of the sub-task (that can be any type) with it's corresponding default text template that we already have set in our issue rules.