Hi ... I am completely new to Jira automation,
I would like to be able to set my Epic Team attribute with the Team attribute of its parent Initiative. I have successfully done this with a Story.... when the Story's Epic Link is changed I update the Story's Team attribute with the value from its parent Epic. I achieve this with the following JQL:
{ "fields": { "customfield_11600": "{{issue.epic link.customfield_11600.id}}" } }
The Team attribute is a custom field and I discovered it's name through 'inspecting' the Story and Epic via Firefox.
I know that the custom field in the Initiative has the same name (customfield_11600) by again using inspect
My JQL for updating the Epic when it's Parent Link is updated is:
{ "fields": { "customfield_11600": "{{issue.parent link.customfield_11600.id}}" } }
When I update the Parent Link of my Epic, the Team attribute of my Epic is not updated. When I look at the log I can see that my 'issue condition' was triggered successfully and that my 'issue edited' was also successful and in both cases it is listing my Epic triggering the condition and being edited.
I started playing with writing out to the audit log and things got weird for me. Looking at my successful Story update automation, I made the following two log entries:
Parent is: {{issue.epic link}}
Parent Team is: {{issue.epic link.customfield_11600.id}}
Both produced what I was expecting... it listed the Epic id and it listed the id of the Epic Team that was then successfully set in the Story. ..... so far so good.
I then tried the same for the Epic automation
Parent is: {{issue.parent link}}
Parent is: {{issue.parent link.customfield_11600.id}}
This successfully lists the parent Imitative id but absolutely nothing for the Team id. I repeated with exercise to log out the Summary. It worked for the story again and gave me nothing for the Initiative.
I don't understand what is going on! ... HELP! :-)