Hello Jira wizards, gurus, and everything in between!
I'm trying to set up an automation rule on a random chance (1:10) event that looks something like this:
When Issue transitions in workflow > Create Smart Value 1-10 > If Value = 1 then follow through else disregard.
Using the AI automation creator, it suggested the following formula:
Then: Create variable
Variable name: randomNumber
Smart value: {{math.randomInt(1,10)}}
If: Compare two values
First value: randomNumber (I have also tried {{randomNumber}} - Same results)
Condition: equals
Second value: 1
Then...
However, the rule is not triggering as intended (pronounced not triggering at all). For the purposes of testing, I've set the values in math.randomInt to (1,2) for a 50% chance but have failed consistently.
When checking the audit log, it shows every entry as No actions performed / condition not met.
Any help / suggestions on how to make this or any other effective RNG rulesets work would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!