Hi!
I have once again questions about JIRA automation and issue transitions.
I have created a JIRA automation to generate a QA Task based on the parent Story status - if the Parent reaches a certain status, it generates a QA Task and puts it in a starting status of the workflow.
As I know that automation cannot trigger another automation, I want to create manually triggered automation to initiate a change from starting status to mirror the same status of a Parent story (skipping the need to push it manually through the whole workflow).
The relation between those is set to Parent-Child (where Story is Parent, and QA Task is Child). Everything I try results in setting the starting status on QA Task (so e.g. from TODO to TODO), or results in an error that destination status cannot be reached.
I thought that would be very easy automation, but it is way more complex than expected.
I am looking forward to your support!
BR,
ASZ