Hi, How to import new sub-task in CSV to existing parents in jira? I want to match tasks(parents) that already exists in jira with sub-task (childs) which are new. What fields do I need to fill in in csv to make such a connection?
Hi Sabina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Just add a column to your CSV for Parent. Then put the issue key of the existing Parent into that column for the sub-task. For example, ABC-123
Summary Parent
Sub-task 1 ABC-123
Sub-task 2 ABC-123
Sub-task 3 ABC-123
Hi,Thanks for the answer.
You are welcome
I'm sorry I hope you can help here. When I tried to do what you've mention here the system is saying I have to map a field to the Issue Id. I have a field mapped to the parent, but because these are new subtasks I'm trying to import, they don't have an Issue ID yet. I would expect JIRA to assign IDs to them once they're imported. I assume your solution above used to work, but they keep changing everything!! Any Ideas?
Hey Colin - please create a new post with a new question so we can help your specific instance better. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.