I want to limit Jira admin access to a tiny group, but Help Desk should still have access to user and group management.
How can I separate these permissions?
thank you
Hello @LynnG
What exactly do you want your Help Desk people to be able to do in the area of user and group management?
Is your organization using the Original User Management experience of the Centralized User Management experience?
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/
Hi Lynn,
These types of permissions are already separated in Jira. You can give a user Jira Admin permissions which give them a lot of power. And/or you can give them User Access Admin permissions, which just allow them to Create and manage groups, and Invite users to the instance. I would also encourage you to severely limit those permissions as well - maybe to one or two managers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.