When a user submits a new request it goes to one of our existing projects and from there we have a workflow to clone the issue to the project it should be associated with.
Issue is that when the issue/ticket is cloned, the reporter is always "Automation for Jira" and I am wondering how to get this updated to the actual reporter of the original issue? The confusing thing is that this works for other projects.
Within the global automation settings, there is the automation to create a clone of the original ticket. From within here I found that there is a "Reporter" field that you can select where it pulls from. I've tried setting it to 'copy from parent', 'copy from issue' and 'copy from trigger issue' and tested this but none of those options seem to work.
For the other projects/automations that are essentially the same, just for another project, it works correctly and we didn't populate the "Reporter" portion of the the global automation setting. So just confused on why it wouldn't be working for this one project?