We are a hardware business and looking to use Jira for the planning of work for software, hardware, electrical, technicians...
I understand that Jira does not support the assigning of multiple users even though I believe there are strong use cases to allow it.
I am now looking at the various work arounds that will support our resource planning requirements.
Issue: We have a task that requires multiple users - for example, removing a large piece of equipment from a machine. I am ok that I can make one person responsible for the task and I would like to assign additional resources to support. I understand that I can do that with sub tasks but the effort/points assigned to those sub tasks do not show in the sprint summary. If you put all the effort in the story then that owner becomes over allocated (and other users, under allocated).
I realise that I could work with teams but the support of such tasks is something that flexes around the group and it is important that team members are allocated to most appropriate task.
I did have a quick look at the Issue collaborator field but can't see how that reflects up for resource planning.