When I make some unedited changes in a page and then restarts the browser, the changes are not visible in the content. For example, I've created and published the page below. Then I added "Here is a small extra snippet" at the end, didn't close / save the page, and restarted the browser.
Going to edit the page again, the snippet is gone...

...but if I go in the "Unpublished changes" option in the menu, the change is there!

However, I would have to copy these changes manually (which quite often is not viable, because they involve complex layouts, expands etc.) back to the page. Sometimes the changes don't even appear in the "Unpublished changes" and I lose a lot of data.
I know that in theory I can solve it by saving or closing the page. However I work with dozens of pages at any point: saving/closing all of them is not practical. And I may not have the chance: the browser can crash, for example.
Is this a bug? What is the chance this behavior gets changed?