Hi Atlassian Community,
I have recently started using the Discovery tool in Jira for network and device scanning. However, I am encountering some issues and would appreciate some guidance.
When I scan from one device, I only receive data for that particular device. Is this the expected behavior of the Discovery tool? My understanding was that it should collect data from all devices on the network.
Do I need to install the Discovery tool on every individual device and perform scans from each one to gather comprehensive data? Or is there a configuration setting I might be missing that allows a single scan to capture data from multiple devices on the network?
Any insights or recommendations on how to correctly set up and use the Discovery tool would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,Steffy
Hi @Steffanie Schneider You need to install Assets Discovery tool only on one device having an access to the network you want to scan. Then you need to configure scan settings(set of nodes you want to scan) and credentials(with proper access method - WMI, SNMP, SSH). After you run scan from on Discovery tool it will collect data for all configured devices. Please find more information here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/assetapps/configure-scan-settings-1168848068.html and here https://confluence.atlassian.com/assetapps/configure-credential-settings-1168847945.htmlRegards,Volodymyr B.
Hi Volodymyr B.,
Thank you for the detailed instructions on installing and configuring the Assets Discovery tool. I appreciate the clarity and the links provided for further information. This will be very helpful as I set up the tool.
Best regards,Steffanie Schneider
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.