Hi
I'm looking at creating a password change form for a low-security subset of our users. I appreciate that Jira is not designed to handle password resets, but I believe that my planned implementation will mitigate most risks, and that this would have a net benefit to the users involved.
At the moment, Jira Forms supports regex patterns , but not the following functions;
- A "Password" checkbox or dedicated field type to hide the password as it is typed.
- A match check, to ensure the value typed into two fields are identical.
Please can these be implemented ASAP?
Context for this request;
We have several thousand students, with accounts on multiple systems. We have API access to all of these systems, so have the ability to set the password on all. A script can easily read the password from a Jira ticket, replace the user entered Jira password field with another value, and then proceed to update all required system passwords with the collected value. All of this can happen within seconds of ticket creation.