Let's say I have a numbered list of goals, which I've formatted using the standard "Numbered List" in Confluence.
Goals
- Reduce crash rate
- Implement crash monitoring metrics
- Improve customer retention
- Give away free stuff
- Put lots of smiley faces in text
On a separate page, I want to describe projects that meet these goals
Projects
- Name: "Operation Stable"
- Goal Affected: 1.1 'Implement crash monitoring metrics'
- Developers: 10
Do you see the reference I have created under 'Goal Affected', which links from the Projects page to a specific item in a numbered list on the Goals page? That is what I want to do, but I cannot figure it out. I've tried:
1) Creating a table of contents on Goals that outputs my numbered list items (2 deep), and then linking to outputted TOC items. This is not currently possible because my TOC requires using heading levels & setting "Minimum Heading Level" in the TOC. Manually applying heading levels (H1, H2, H3, H4) to each line in my numebred list is not practical, and it totally kills the formatting.
2) Manually defining anchors for each item, and then referencing that anchor
Any suggestions appreciated. It sounds like what I need is a slightly more robust 'TOC' that can index numbered lists to an arbitrary depth, that would be the most elegant solution. Such as what Microsoft Word does in its TOCs.