I would like to add the due date to an individual request in the portal. Right now it says the status, request type and shared with.
Is that possible?
Hi @Eric Scheberl, thanks very much for the screenshot in your comment. Yes, you can add a date field to the view, it just won't appear at the bottom right like you're hoping.
Here's an example of where it will display.
Here's how to add the field.
In your Jira project, visit the project settings area and click the "Request types" option in the left sidebar. Next, select the request form to edit. (Not pictured.) Next, use the right sidebar to find the desired date field. Then simply drag the field to the left to place it on the request form. You can order the field as desired, but there's no way to specifically place it on the right sidebar that the customer sees. Don't forget to save the form by clicking the form submission button at the bottom of the page.
Hope this helps!
Rachel WrightAuthor, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook
This is what I am looking at. I don't know if I can add this or how.
Thanks a ton! I thought it might be from there but am still a little new. A appreciate your help and time
oh follow up question.. can I create permission that only our team can put in the due date rather than a customer?
Hi again @Eric Scheberl, there aren't any native "restrict this field" type of settings but you might be able to find a way with an app from the Atlassian Marketplace.
But, I have a better suggestion for you: why don't you ask the customer for their desired completion date, using a custom field, when they create the request? Then after the request is reviewed, have the agent/technician/support team member fill in the standard "Due date" field with the date that reflects reality? That way, you can report on the gap between "requested" and "reality" and detect patterns or opportunities for improvement?
If you use this methos, I'd show the customer's requested date to them in the portal and then show both date fields to agents on the Jira side.
Just a thought.
Same question here. Can we do what Eric show in the screenshot?
Hey Tommy... I have found a solution in using an app called Advanced Requests Report. It takes a second to load but I now have time remaining in that spot in my screenshot. We have decided to use the Advance reports button to show the due date. Hope that helps!
Thank you @Eric Scheberl , I'm gonna take look on that!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.