Hi,
In my team we have some BAU tickets that we have to create each sprint. Is there a way to automate this process so we don't have to do it each time.
Thanks
Hi @Ri A
Yes, that is possible with Jira automation rules. Such a rule could trigger on Sprint Created to create and add the issue to the sprint.
To get you started on creating your rule, please refer to these documentation and example sources:
Kind regards,Bill
You're a legend Bill. I just created my first rule. Fingers crossed it works as expected.
I'll update here.
Well done!
Did you remember to set the Sprint field to the one from the trigger with:
{{sprint.id}}
No as I want it to be recurring for every new sprint I didn't.
What I set was.
1. For every new sprint on a specified project board.
2. Creat a new issue
3. Assign the issue.
4. Send email notification to the assignee.
This is basically what I'm looking to achieve for a start. When that works, I'm hoping to build on it to
1. For every new sprint
2. Create 5 new issues
3. Assign issues to members.
4. Notify members.
The reasoning is to use 1 automation rule and create multiple new BAU tickets for every new sprint
Fingers crossed ...🤞🏻
Here is how to add the new task to the new sprint: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Automate-tasks-on-Sprint-Creation/qaq-p/2635938
@Maria K, this topic has been locked because the thread has become a bit dated. If you’d like to keep the conversation going or have additional questions, we encourage you to start a new topic. You can read more about necro posting (“raising threads from the dead”) in our Community Guidelines.Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.