Hi @Saniah
I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your exact needs. Could you please provide some solid examples to clarify?
Hello,Supposing i have a custom field of multi select. It contains 5 values (users) at the time of creation. Afterwards I edit this field at a certain transition to add 2 or more value to the field. Now i need a post function on this transition that will copy only the added users to another custom field.This other custom field has a list of users (users working on the issue) already that should not be changed, only appended. I hope am clear. Thanks for the response
I see,
Is the other custom field a text field where you only need an explanation of the change, or is it another multi-select field that only contains the newly added options? How about removing items? Lastly, if this transition is called multiple times, will it override?
the other custom field is a list that contains some permanent users that are working on this field that should not be bothered. in addition to these permanent users optional users that are added further during transitions should get appended or removed based on the initial custom field that list of new users invited to work. adding users has been solved using post function copy field value.
removing users is the tricky part.
yes this transition can be called multiple times.
(any users invited can decline even after they have accepted so their names once they removed from initial field must be automatically removed from other field without disturbing the permanent and other values in the second field)
Hello @Saniah ,
Do you have the Power Scripts app? If not, would you consider using that one for this use case? I think it`s doable using Power Scripts and SIL scripting language. It can be done as a post function or even SIL Listener that reacts to field value change (without connection to any particular transition). Please let me know if that`s something you are interested in, and I`ll help you with the script itself.
Best regards,Anna
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.