New to cloud here... (long-time Data Center admin)
I have a team using both team-managed and company-managed projects. I know a field created in a Team-managed project is local to that project only and cannot be used in a company-managed project, but what about the other way around -- can an existing custom field (already in use in company-managed projects) be used in a team-managed project? It would appear no -- In the Team-managed project (Project Settings>Issue Types), when I search for the existing custom field, it does not appear in the list of search results.
Is my assumption correct? Or does the custom field need to be associated with a specific field config or context to be available for use with team-managed projects?
The field already shows a "Global Context: Apply to all issues in Jira." (My Team-Managed project is not listed). If I try to add another context, there is no option to make it a global context -- if I don't select a Project to apply the context to, I receive an error - "You must select a project for non-global contexts".
Thanks in advance for any guidance here.