Hello Atlassian Community,
I am currently developing a Forge app for Confluence, but I am encountering issues with the `manifest.yml` file configuration. When I run the `forge deploy` command, I receive the following error:
` Error: The deploy failed due to errors in the app code. Fix the errors before rerunning forge deploy, or run forge deploy --no-verify to skip the linter. /path/to/manifest.yml 1:0 error document should NOT have additional property 'functions' valid-document-required X 1 issue (1 error, 0 warnings) Issue found is not automatically fixable with forge lint. Rerunning the command with --verbose may give more details `
Here is the content of my `manifest.yml` file:
`
modules: confluence:macro: - key: custom-search-page function: main title: Custom Search Page description: A page to test search functionality resources: - key: static path: static function: - key: main handler: index.run app: id: ari:cloud:ecosystem::app/c395a207-a9e6-4c09-a4f4-c3e76906de1b runtime: name: nodejs18.x permissions: scopes: - read:confluence-content.summary - search:confluence
`
I have tried various indentations and configurations, but none seem to resolve the issue.
For reference, here is the manifest.yml file of another app called printapp, which works perfectly. printapp is a basic app that takes a string input in a text box and prints it directly:
`
modules: confluence:macro: - key: searchtest-hello-world-macro function: resolver title: searchtest description: Custom Search Page for testing resources: - key: main path: static function: - key: resolver handler: index.handler app: runtime: name: nodejs18.x id: ari:cloud:ecosystem::app/c395a207-a9e6-4c09-a4f4-c3e76906de1b permissions: scopes: - read:confluence-content.summary - search:confluence
`
Development Environment
- OS: macOS
- Node.js Version: 22.3
- Forge CLI Version:10.0.0
Attempts to Fix
- I tried removing the
function property, but encountered similar errors. - I also tried using the
functions property but the issue persisted. - I experimented with different indentation styles without success.
I am a beginner in developing Forge apps, so please forgive any mistakes or lack of clarity in my question. I would greatly appreciate any guidance on what might be causing this issue and how to fix it. Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Yuma