Based on the recent changes Atlassian made to Jira, users can now change the "assignee" from the filter screen.
In our environment, we only want a select group of people to do the "assigning" due to work schedules, etc. and this will allow anyone to change the assignee to anyone they want.
I am trying to figure out how to restrict it, so that only via transitions can issue to "Assigned".
I am trying to remove the permission "assign user" but, as each step in my workflow can go to a new person, I am not sure the "post functions" will work. I am testing, but was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem with the newest update and if they have a work around.
Automation is not a work around, as we would exceed the limit and incur extra costs, which we would rather not do for this purpose.
thank you
Cristina