Hello.
Following some guidance from the community yesterday, I have set up an initial service desk application using JSM, however the use of organisations has presented me with some issues.
Our software is installed at multiple client sites (for this example, Site A and Site B, and I have added organisations using these same names, with users added to the appropriate organisation). If a user is a member of the organisation Site A, when they create an issue, they're given the option on the issue form to share with the organisation.
We do not want this to happen. When a user creates a request, it should not be shared at all, and no option should be presented, however there is no way to disable the share combo box on the form.
To work around this, I removed the organisations, and now when a request is submitted, the form behaves as we would like, though it doesn't allow us to filter the requests in the portal (staff at Site B should not be able to see requests from Site A and vice versa).
The normal way users would submit requests to us would be via email, so the workflow I would like to implement is as follows.
- No organisations - if using the form, a user should have no options to share the request. This is an absolute blocker.
- We will create groups named Site A and Site B, and users will be added to these groups.
- When a request is made via the form, or via email, it is added to the queue. When an agent picks up the request, they will use a custom field to select the site for which the request applies, and the user making the request will be added to the appropriate group if they are not already in it.
- When that user accesses the portal, they will see only their own requests.
- We will add additional groups Site A Supervisor, and Site B Supervisor. These groups will have permissions to view all requests for their own site in their portal.
- When a user views their portal, if they are a member of the Site A Supervisor group, the portal will show all issues, but filtered to only show those issues with Site A set in the custom field as described in point 3.
So far, it looks like this is not an achievable behaviour. I cannot find any way to add a filter condition to the portal by default. I don't want users to be able to change it, it should be a defined filter, which is controlled purely by the group the user is in.
The organisations approach was so close to working, but by not being able to disable the share combo box, I'm back to square one. I cannot fathom why Atlassian have not provided this option.
Ideally, what I would like is to create organisations for Site A and Site B, remove the share combo box, and create supervisor groups for each site which will see all issues only for their site.
Is this even possible?