Dear community,
I've been tinkering around with Confluence Automations to automatically link Confluence pages to Jira issues. It works well, if Confluence needs to trigger Jira (via a JQL branching rule, that requests the correct issue), but not at all if Jira needs to trigger Confluence.
So far there is only one action in Jira automation that does something in Confluence and that is "create page", but none to edit a page or page status. The only way I saw was a web request from Jira to Confluence that then triggers the status change in Confluence - the idea is this:
issue with page id in a custom field transitioned > Jira automation sends a web request (with page id in its body) to Confluence webhook URL > Confluence webhook gets triggered and reads the web request body > page status is being changed.
I tried now to send a web request from Jira to Confluence and for a few runs of the automation rule it worked (albeit with errors, since I didn't format the body correctly), but then Confluence suddenly stopped reacting. There is no action logged, although I sent multiple web requests to the correct address.
I can't work out at all, why it suddenly stopped working - it won't even work if I create two completely new rules (one "outgoing" in Jira, one "incoming" in Jira).
Does anyone have an idea what I could have forgot?
Thanks in advance!
Edit: clarification on what I tried to achieve