We have three different Jira Service Manager to act as helpdesks. We want our platform users to single-sign-on to the respective help desk based on their platform profile. We are using Salesforce as an IdP. The connected app has been set up and configured, and SSO does work. But it is automatically giving access to just "portals", and shows knowledge base articles for Admin and nothing else. The test was with a non admin user, and I've learned that I can go into the "people" setting of the project I need this SSO user to see, and I can manually add them, and now SSO takes them to the correct portal.
Is there a way to ensure this automatically? I am able to pass any claims needed in the SAML request, I just don't know if there's a way to receive that information in Jira, and how to establish that permission, or connection.