Hello, Atlassian Community!
I am facing a challenge and would like to know if anyone here has experience or material that can help me. I need to perform a migration to merge two different Atlassian Cloud instances into a single instance. Specifically, I am dealing with Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, and possibly other Atlassian products.
Here are some details about the situation:
Source Instances:
- Instance 1: Contains projects, users, and specific configurations that we need to retain.
- Instance 2: Contains another set of projects, users, and configurations that also need to be preserved.
Objective:
- Merge both instances into a single consolidated instance without losing data, history, project configurations, and user permissions.
Identified Challenges:
- Ensuring no data loss during the migration.
- Retaining specific configurations and customizations of each project.
- Managing duplication of users and permissions.
- Integrating existing automations and integrations from both instances.
What I'm looking for:
- Detailed steps to perform this migration.
- Experiences from those who have gone through this process.
- Recommended tools or add-ons to facilitate the migration.
- Official Atlassian materials or documentation that might be useful.
- Tips and best practices to ensure a smooth and successful migration.
Any help or guidance would be extremely valuable. Thank you all in advance for your collaboration and support!