Dear community,
I am wondering if there are other possibilities.
I am using the cascade field to display my categories.
- Parent (category) A
- Child (subcategory) A1
- Child (subcategory) A2
The outcome shown is then:
Parent (category) A - Child (subcategory) A2
Did any of you manage to only show the field like this (= only show the subcategory):
Child (subcategory) A2
Research so far did say:
you would need to customize the way the cascade field displays its values. The cascade field by default shows both the parent (main category) and the child (subcategory). However, you can manipulate the display using custom JavaScript or a scripting plugin such as ScriptRunner for Jira.
We will have no such plugin or extra tool like ScriptRunner.
But I am wondering if this still would bepossible without additional tools.
Chat GPT mentioned that it would be possible to use JavaScript within the announcement banner to manipulate the view of that specific cascade field. Have you ever tried this?
Or can you suggest another approach?