Hello,
I am trying to add a new sub-task type of "defect" (We already have Bug at level 0).I was reading this one for reference
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-a-bug-inside-a-story-right-now-only-option-is-Sub/qaq-p/2266051I've added the new issue type scheme
But for some reason I am not able to add it in the project, I only have the option to add an issue type
Can someone please assist in getting this new sub-task issue type added to the project?Thank you,
Hi @Mircea Craciun
Based on the final screenshot, that looks like a Team-managed Project. These don't use the Issue Type Scheme like a Company-managed one, and you need to simply add the Issue Type directly into the Project screen.
On that last screenshot you will see a button below "Subtask" - + Add issue type
You should add the issue type there
Ste
Yes, I did that first, but that creates only level-0 issue types, not sub-issue types.
Seems like it's not possible at this stage; see this help page...
Currently, you can only create custom "standard" issue types. You can't create custom "parent" or "subtask" issue types.
There is a feature request you can check out for this - JSWCLOUD-20901 - but in the meantime, to use custom sub-task types, you'll need to setup a Company-managed Project.
I see. Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.