Hello everyone!
I need to create a automation that set a particolar epic based on the value of a custom field (a dropdown list).
For example:
Thanks for your help!
Hi @Matteo Gabanini ,
I suppose that you want to set the epic based on the custom field value when the issue creates
Select Trigger- Issue create
Select New Condition - select If/Else block
Add Issue field condition- customfield-xxx = abc
Select New Action - select Edit field
Put Epic key
then again use the else condition.
Hello Matteo
This should be fairly simple to do.
1. Create an automation with the "Field Value Changed" trigger and set it to your dropdown list. You can choose which operations will apply to activating this trigger
2. Create an IF or Else condition
3. Set the first IF as dropdown = Value A, then parent equals XX1
4. Make an Else If for each other value the dropdown could be, associating with the appropriate epic.
If I understand your problem correctly, this should solve it.
Let me know if that works or if you have any other questions.
Christian
Hi @Matteo Gabanini
There are several ways to do this:
What do you want to do if the selection field has no value? Deciding that will impact how you apply the different solution approaches.
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks for your anwser @Bill Sheboy
It works! Thanks @Manoj Kumar Gangwar
Thanks @Christian for your help! I used the EPIC LINK, the PARENT field doesn't worked =(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.