I have a complex use-case for managing access to issues based on TWO factors:
- Custom field dropdown: "Contains confidential data"
- If yes:
- Security profile is set to 'confidential data users'
- Confidential data users can see/access/edit issue
- If no:
- Security profile is set to 'non-confidential data users'
- Non-confidential data users cannot see/access/edit issue
I've gotten the above workflow working using automation rules, and it works great!
However I have an additional need to configure user access to issues based on an additional User-Picker custom field, let's call it 'Investigators'. Investigators will be assigned to specific issues on an as-needed basis, and don't fall into the above security profile groups. e.g., Investigator 1 should be able to see issues A, B, and C only. Investigator 2 should be able to see issues B, C, and D only.
- Custom field dropdown: "Investigator/s"
- If user is added to Picker field:
- User can see/access/edit specific issue/ticket
- If user is not added to picker field:
- User cannot see/access/edit specific issue/ticket (Unless they are in the 'confidential data users' security profile group)
Is there any feasible way to do the above?
Thanks in advance!