I added a custom field using date time picker but the granularity is in 30 minute when I need it to be down to the minute.
Hi Michael,
That is all that is available. You could try adding a custom number field.
Hi @Michael Pierotti
I'm not sure if this is of any help, but this is actually just a limitation of Jira's date/time picker UI - the field can store (and show, once it is set) any time down to the minutes.
You could set the value via Jira's REST API or via Jira Automation, but that's obviously not particularly convenient. Alternatively, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll have more options; I'll provide more information below.
Hope this helps,
Best,
Hannes
... and just to expand on the last point: If you're looking for an immediate resolution and are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
Plus, date/time custom fields can be set to the exact minute value, like so:
Once the value is set, it will also be shown correctly in Jira's built-in UIs.
Any questions just let me know!
This did exactly what I needed.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.