When I click on the section I want to paste information in the confluence document, it doesn't automatically take the key cursor to that section but still stays to the previous clicked section - see gif
@Nandesh.Rasiklal Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I don't have an answer—just a commiseration. I also find this very annoying!!!! And not just for pasting. I often click somewhere and start typing only to find that the cursor was not placed where I clicked. This is very bad when you are looking elsewhere while typing.
My findings are the cursor jumps to the position you click on but immediately changes the position back to the previously selected position.
I think the editor keeps the last position in memory where you have been and as soon as it gets the focus back, the cursor is positioned there.
I don't have a workaround but it's also for us very annoying, especially when editing with Confluence and other sources (e.g. Jira when copying issue links).
This is very annoying!!! It makes editing text almost non-workable
it is even when not changing between windows, it just jumps the cursor back to where it after before ~1 sec.25% of the time!
Maybe this behaviour is worse on large pages with more pictures and tables (as the one I am editing now).
Yes, this issue is incredibly frustrating because Confluence works differently to the way every other website, web application and text editor works. They could at least put in a preference for disabling this for those users who are able to remember that the document is being edited and what effect clicking will have.
I use Confluence for taking notes and I am constantly flipping between windows, typing or pasting, then undoing my edit, navigating back to where I originally clicked, and making the change again.
Even as I type this comment, if I switch to another window, and then click in this edit field, the cursor is where I clicked. The Confluence editor should behave like this edit field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.