Hi,
I have a Top Level Planning project that I'm using to sit above several other projects to bring together an overall timeline that I'm using the Timeline view to manage/visualize.
I'm using JIRA Components to categorize the Initiatives in that project, and then grouping by those Components to logically separate my Timeline view.
The issue that I'm having is that if I include the Epics/Stories/Tasks/Subtasks in the Timeline, I get a separate version of each Initiative in a group called All Other Issues containing the expandable hierarchy. Presumably because the Epics/Stories/Tasks/Subtasks don't (and can't) share the Component used by the Initiative and defined by the Top Level Planning project.
Here's a concrete example;
- The TOC-17 Initiative appears once under the "EX... " Component that it's been grouped by
- But it Also appears under "All Other issues" group, along with the hierarchy of Epic->Story from the separate RP project

The behaviour that I was hoping for is that the Initiative is grouped, once, by the Component, and that group is expandable to see the hierarchy.
As it stands, you can't drill into a grouped Initiative to understand the underlying structure without going to find the second copy of it it in the "All other Issues" group.
Hope that's clear! I appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks.