Hi,
This is a special/non-standard case.
When we release a version, this pop-up appears and we normally choose to push undone issues up to the next version:

I want to create an automation rule triggered on the Version Released event. I want the rule to check every issue included in that release, and if the issue contains a given XYZ label, then do not increase the version number even if in the above screenshot the option to move unresolved issues to a given version is selected.
If that is not possible BEFORE the release, then AFTER the release I want the automation rule to check all the issues again but this time if the Labels field contains a label called ABC_STATUS, then:
- Remove the Resolution value in the issue;
- Return the issue to the ABC_STATUS status (a real status in our workflow);
- Revert the FixVersion to the one it had before the release. Note that our tickets have multiple versions in FixVersion (e.g. 9.30.001, 9.31.005, 9.32.002), so I only want the version concerned to be reverted.
Basically, I want some specially labeled tickets to not move when a version is released and I'm not sure how to use branching with the right conditions in Automation.
And I'm using Labels but it could be any field that might be used to identify and prevent these special issues to move up.
Ice cream cone to the first one with an answer.