We have been successfully using a story workflow that presents a pre-populated template for the Description and Acceptance criteria fields when creating a new story. A post-function copies the pre-formatted custom description and acceptance criteria field contents to the standard JIRA fields and then creates the issue with that.
When I try to use the built-in Clone function (off the three dots), it fails saying I have to execute the post function "create issues originally" first. But doing that breaks the functionality during the Create process.
I then tried to build a triggered automation copying the description and acceptance criteria fields from the trigger story, but those two fields always come across with the boilerplate preformatted text only. I think I am in some crazy situation where I would need to copy the trigger story Description and Acceptance criteria fields to the cloned preformatted custom fields and then the creation workflow would do the magic of moving that content correctly.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to write the "smart" code to make that happen or how to make the built-in clone work. Any help would be much appreciated.
