I have created a notification rule to fire an email when mark done. I used syntax on my rules and it is erroring out stating the field is not populated when it is.
Hello @Kimberly Kriegler
I suppose you need to send a email to a user in a custom field "Email for Notification"Can you try with this smart value ? {{issue.Email for Notification.emailAddress}}
Yes, I did in the screen shot above I have it in the "To" field
@Kimberly Kriegler
In your screenshot, I see a "space between email and address" that's why I suggested you remove that space.I have already tried either via smart value or via the list in user picker.
If it doesn't work, maybe this field is not of the type multiple user picker.
Ok, thank you for the clarification and I amended the smart value and removed the space. The field "Email for Notification" is multiple entry field. Now it states does not match the condition "Condition". I am trying to have the notification go to the email addresses in this field. The condition is to look to see if there is email address(s) there. I also tried inputting the same as you show above however Email for Notification on its own is not recognize as a field to grab the data. the custom field I am using is a multi text box. The emails needs to go to people outside of the JIRA license people
There are email address(s) there so not sure why the condition is failing
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.