I have a user who happens to be Greek. Out of deference to his privacy, I'm going to change his name. His Greek name is Yiorgos, but in our active directory network and everywhere else, his name is George. Ever since we first set up Jira/Confluence Cloud in our instance, his name has always shown up as George. However... sometime in the past X days/weeks (we're not quite sure when this happened), the system started calling him by his given name - Yiorgos - and we can't figure out how or why. Our A/D system still shows him as George, and we cannot figure out where/how Jira has figured out his given name.
I can't change his name within Atlassian as far as I can tell; Jira even shows both names - shows him as Yiorgos Galanis (George Galanis). This is a complete mystery to me.
I've dealt with this one other time about a year ago; in order to get the user's name correct, I had to get his active directory name correct. It seems Atlassian pulls the full name from A/D, or so I've concluded.
Is there a way for me to get his name fixed, i.e. changed to show as George rather than Yiorgos? Can someone tell me definitively where/how Atlassian pulls the full name from? I'm flat out of ideas at the moment. Oh, BTW, I'm an org admin, so it would seem I ought to have sufficient permissions to pretty much do anything I want to do in Jira/Confluence, but in this case... nope.
Any/all help greatly appreciated!!